Child Development Center Therapist

Location: Naval Submarine Base, New London, CT
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000
Type: Full-time

  • Master’s (Required)

  • state license (LCSW, LPC, LMFT) to practice independently (Required)

Full Job Description

We are seeking CT-Licensed Counselors, Therapists, and Social Workers to join our team in support of the DoD Military and Family Life – Child and Youth Behavioral Counseling Program (MFLC CYB) at the Child Development Center on Naval Submarine Base in New London, Connecticut. This is a full-time, salaried position that offers competitive pay and benefits.

The primary objective of this role is to provide ongoing, non-medical counseling services to children of local Military Members and their Families. CYB Counselors should have some experience working with children in order to qualify for CYB positions.

Required Experience and Education

  • A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
  • CT State Licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LISW, LMFT, LPC, LCPC, LMHC)
  • No Minimum Post-Licensure Clinical Experience Required, however at least 2-5 years+ of post-master’s supervised clinical experience is strongly preferred
  • School based Counselors must demonstrate past experience working in a school setting or other Child/Youth Services setting
  • Must be a U.S. citizen

We are actively interviewing candidates for this role, and encourage all qualified (Licensed in CT) Counselors, Therapists, and Social Workers with requisite experience and interests to apply.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.

Job Type: Full-time

Pay: $65,000.00 – $81,000.00 per year


  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Employee assistance program
  • Flexible schedule
  • Health insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Referral program
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Vision insurance


  • Monday to Friday


  • Master’s (Required)


  • State License to practice independently (Required)

Work Location: One location


Become a Federal Guardian Provider today!