Full Job Description
We are seeking Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) to join our team at the VA Healthcare System to provide essential support to our nation’s Veterans. You will play a crucial role in helping Veterans navigate a diverse range of challenges, including crisis situations, homelessness, substance use, traumatic losses, illnesses, and clinical mental health issues (including PTSD and MST). Your work will involve assessments, treatment, and an interdisciplinary approach to ensure the well-being of our Veterans. This is a full-time salaried position that offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Conduct clinical assessments and treatment, prioritizing cases using independent judgment.
- A minimum of 50 encounters per month, subject to change based on workload demands and coverage needs.
- Address social and environmental factors affecting treatment and Veterans’ well-being.
- Evaluate the need for acute psychiatric hospitalization and 5150 certifications.
- Develop psychosocial assessments in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Create Veteran-centered treatment plans, including goals, objectives, and interventions.
- Provide expertise on VA and community resources.
- Collaborate with other service providers for reassessment.
- Educate Veterans and families on available services and resources.
- Act as an advocate for Veterans and families when necessary.
- Develop crisis management plans for mental health inpatient programs.
- Document and report suspected cases of abuse.
- Provide education on VA and community resources, advance directives, and mental health treatment preferences.
- Review progress notes from other providers and collaborate on preferred treatment options.
- Offer ongoing supportive counseling and psychotherapy.
- Complete incident reports, inquiries, and reports as required.
- Perform other ancillary duties as requested.
- Maintain and update resource files.
- Document patient-care activities in VA Medical Records.
- Comply with VA Medical Center and Service line directives, procedures, policies, and statistical requirements.
- Communicate with staff at other VA facilities and community agencies.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Community health center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.